Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant and Office Manager
Rayfield Allied is an established artist management company based in London (SW9). It has built up an enviable reputation and an exciting roster of artists including conductors, composers, instrumentalists, singers, stage directors, and instrumental and vocal ensembles.
As part of the ongoing growth of the agency we are now looking for a Finance Assistant to assist the Financial Controller. The role will also include duties as Office Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office. As part of an expanding business it is expected that the Finance Assistant aspect will develop to a become the primary focus.
Finance assistant duties include:
- Entering Visa debit card transactions and T&E claims into accounting software and filing accordingly.
- Matching credit card receipts to statements and entering into accounting software.
- Entering purchase invoices into accounting software and pass to Financial Controller for payment.
- Updating Supplier and Customer contact details in accounting software as needed.
- Assisting in preparing quarterly UK withholding tax returns.
- Carrying out miscellaneous ad hoc tasks as assigned by Financial Controller.
Office manager duties include:
- Being the main point of contact for general enquiries to the agency (email and telephone);
- Regularly updating the main page of the website;
- General social media posting.
- Creating the weekly agency meeting agendas/worksheets.
- Franking and sending post each day / liaising with the franking machine company.
- Monitoring and ordering supplies for the office (including stationery and kitchen supplies).
- Liaising with the office service providers (telecoms, cleaners, fire and security).
- providing administrative support to the Managing Director
The successful candidate will:
- have competent numerical ability
- have a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- have excellent and professional interpersonal and communication skills;
- have good computer skills, preferably with previous experience of using detailed spreadsheets;
- be confident, self-motivated and pro-active;
- be able to work efficiently and to prioritise a sometimes heavy workload;
- be able to remain calm under pressure.
Salary: negotiable, dependent on experience
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th November 2019.
To apply for the position please send a CV and covering letter to Ben Rayfield at firstname.lastname@example.org