Job Vacancy: Assistant Artist Manager
Rayfield Allied is an established artist management company based in London (SW9). Rayfield Allied was formed in 2011 when Allied Artists Agency and Rayfield Artists, two of the most respected independent agencies, merged. It has built up an enviable reputation and an exciting roster of artists which is mainly focused on conductors and concert and opera singers, but also includes select composers, stage directors, instrumentalists and instrumental and vocal ensembles. All members of our office are actively involved in the selling and management of our artists.
Due to the ongoing growth of the agency we are now looking for an Assistant Artist Manager to work in the vocal and opera department. As part of an expanding business, there are strong opportunities for the right person for quick career progression.
Duties will include:
- day to day liaising with artists and promoters;
- working closely with artist managers in the selling and promotion of specific artists;
- servicing, including making travel and hotel arrangements for artists, obtaining work visas and producing itineraries;
- diary and database management and contract processing;
- providing PA support to artist managers, including general office administration;
- attending performances.
The successful candidate will:
- be passionate and knowledgeable about classical music;
- have excellent and professional interpersonal and communication skills;
- have good computer skills, preferably with previous experience of using Overture software package;
- be confident, self-motivated and pro-active;
- be able to work efficiently and to prioritise a sometimes heavy workload;
- have a keen eye for detail;
- be able to remain calm under pressure.
Fluency in foreign languages will be a definite advantage, as will experience of working in an artist management department.
We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. We particularly encourage applications from disabled people and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented in the artist management sector.
Salary: negotiable, dependent on experience
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd August at 12 noon.
To apply for the position please send a CV and covering letter to Ben Rayfield at email@example.com